- Esther Szabo welcomes Derry Wisnom of Risk Strategy Company to discuss home protection through insurance broker and how you can customize your plan to fit your needs
- Derry reveals the importance of umbrella insurance in the event of an accident or natural disaster
Category Archives: Uncategorized
- In this episode, Robert Meckstroth discusses how he helps advisors focus on clients while his company focuses solely on investment strategies and portfolio planning.
- Learn about different types of investors and the importance of tailoring a client’s portfolio to their risk level and what stage of life they’re in.
Everyone knows age 65 = Medicare. But the many decisions to make about coverage and plans often catches people by surprise.
In this episode, Esther Szabo is joined by Susan Lucas, a licensed insurance agent specializing in Medicare education and benefits with My Insurance Solutions Inc. Susan discusses when to start planning for coverage, the respective costs for coverage, and how to determine an appropriate plan for one’s needs.
- What to consider when enrolling in Medicare coverage
- The purpose of Plans A, B, and D
- The various applications and considerations of Medicare
- How your taxable income affects your premiums
- How to fill the gaps in Medicare with supplemental coverage options
- And more
Connect With Susan Lucas:
Connect With Esther Szabo:
About Our Guest: Susan Lucas is a Licensed Insurance Agent, with My Insurance Solutions, specializing in Medicare education and benefits. Susan’s focus is helping Medicare beneficiaries and people who are turning 65 find the right benefits for their health needs and budget, with licenses in CA, NV, FL and ME.”
- In this episode, Esther Szabo welcomes back Joan McCreary, Certified Professional Organizer® and hoarding specialist at JMPO Estate and Home Organizing, to discuss Joan’s experience helping couples and individuals navigating property division through divorce.
- Joan shares her expertise, and details how organizers can help clients navigate the emotional experience of dividing their belongings and separating their physical lives.
- In this episode, Esther Szabo is joined by Certified Professional Organizer® Joan McCreary, to discuss how professional organizers get to know their clients’ habits, goals and life transitions to sort through the clutter.
- Joan details how she navigates the organization process through a variety of scenarios, including estate closings and general organization needs.
- In this episode, Esther Szabo speaks with Dr. Barbara Provost, founder of Purse Strings, to discuss ways women can become financially fearless.
- Barbara shares her insight about why women have historically been underrepresented in the financial world, and steps they can take to gain control over their financial future.
- In this episode, Esther Szabo explores the foundations of cryptocurrencies with IP and Technology attorney David Makman.
- Esther and David discuss the potential implications of cryptocurrencies, including how they are challenging the value and definition of the dollar, and impact for investors
Connect With David Makman:
Connect With Esther Szabo:
- Learn the importance of preparing for the proposed tax changes under the Biden Administration in this episode with Michael Fujii, partner at Johanson & Yau Accountancy Corporation.
- Hear how to efficiently plan for these changes, including changes to income tax brackets, capital gains taxes and the removal of the step up in basis.
Connect With Michael Fujiii:
Connect With Esther Szabo:
- Discover how to develop and implement a special needs trust with guest Ellen Cookman, JD, LLM, certified specialist in estate planning, trust and probate law at Cookman Law, PC.
- Ellen explains the importance of flexibility for those who implement a special needs trust within their overall plan, as well as details the tax exemption available in 2021.
Connect With Ellen Cookman:
Connect With Esther Szabo:
- Learn whether the markets have fully recovered from the dip they took through 2020 as Esther Szabo describes the current markets compared to last year.
- Discover what has changed and what you can expect from the market as normalcy continues to return after the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Current Market News
- Webinar Registration: Gates Pass Advisors Mid-Year Market & Economic Outlook
Connect With Esther Szabo:
- Learn the various retirement living options available to you with Dr. Jim McCabe, president of ElderCare Resources.
- Jim shares his insight about retirement living options, including why it’s so important for retirees to consider social interactions and relationships.
Gates Pass Advisors: (650) 797-0280 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Esther Szabo’s LinkedIn | Dr. Jim McCabe’s LinkedIn | email@example.com: (480) 231-5984 | The Senior’s Housing Dilemma: Stay or Move? | Senior Living: Senior Housing: Senior Retirement: The Best Places For Seniors To Retire To Cheaply, How To Find The Right Housing And Strategies For Living Comfortably
- Learn how the COVID-19 pandemic has altered the way people in the United States are purchasing and selling homes in this informative episode with realtor Illuminate Properties founder, Patrice Horvath.
- Patrice shares the special considerations movers and sellers must keep in mind due to the COVID-19 pandemic and shares her journey and growth as a realtor since her last appearance on Women & Wealth.
Gates Pass Advisors: (650) 797-0280 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Esther Szabo’s LinkedIn | Patrice Horvath: (650) 520-7675 | email@example.com | Illuminate Properties | Episode 19 – Finding Support in Realtors When Transitioning Homes
- In this episode, learn about the HENRY (High Earners, Not Rich Yet) demographic and the financial considerations that come with it.
- Join Esther Szabo and Gates Pass Advisors’ Erik Schei as they break down the unique financial opportunities available to this demographic and the challenges they may face.
- Discover ways you can secure your financial future while helping your kids fund their education in this episode with college planning expert Nancy Paul
- Nancy shares cost-saving strategies that will empower parents and students to gain confidence, increase their opportunities, and find greater financial freedom
- In this episode, Esther Szabo talks with Kristi Royse, the founder and CEO of KLR Consulting to explore how you can make the most of your presentations and pitch moments
- Kristi reveals the expert insight she uses when coaching and supporting her clients, helping them deliver amazing presentations so they can excel in their leadership roles and achieve their personal goals
- To help you better understand your investing behaviors, Jay Mooreland joins Esther Szabo to discuss ways he helps investors understand how biases influence their investment decisions.
- Jay highlights ways you can tune-in to your behaviors and learn from past mistakes to improve future financial decisions.
- To help you put together your 2021 budget, Fiscally Fit’s Alison Salisbury reveals effective ways you can create a budget that’s tailored to your needs, no matter how COVID-19 may have impacted your financial picture
- Learn how you can protect yourself online and avoid online scammers and fraud
- In this episode, join Esther Szabo and Alison Salisbury, the owner and founder of Fiscally Fit, as they highlight ways you can get a handle on your spending
- They discuss tools to help you identify your spending habits and reveal how understanding your cash flow can help you feel in control of your finances
- Esther Szabo is back with Matt Schlegel from Schlegel Consulting to discuss how you can apply creativity to the Enneagram model to further expand your perspective when making personal and financial decisions.
- Discover how to determine your Enneagram type, understand its underlying motivating force, and more!
- Join Esther Szabo and Schlegel Consulting’s Matt Schlegel to explore how the Enneagram can be used as an effective tool for approaching money and financial decisions.
- Learn practical tips for ways you can start implementing this decision-making style today!
- Join Esther Szabo as she reflects on 2020 and some of the lessons it has taught us as investors
- Reviews financial and investment complexities we’ve faced this year and looks at the factors that affect the first quarter and into the second quarter of 2021
- Learn why, despite the many changes and disturbances happening around the world, it’s always best to plan around what is within your reach
- Discover how a persistent and ongoing planning process can help you during times of uncertainty and transition
- Learn how combining the technical and personal aspects of planning provides you a complete financial picture in 2021
- Discover which areas of your finances to focus on to increase your financial confidence
- In this episode, Esther Szabo welcomes chiropractor and personal trainer, Dr. Tim Haun to help you navigate your physical wellness during times of transition and uncertainty.
- Dr. Haun shares actionable tips for maintaining your physical health during life’s ups and down — and while working from home.
- Join Esther Szabo and retirement expert Marcia Mantell to learn everything you need to know about navigating the Medicare maze
- Learn the hidden nuances of when and how to use Medicare and useful resources for increasing your Medicare knowledge
- Join Esther Szabo and Social Security expert Marica Mantell as they discuss important important considerations and highlight why proactive planning is important –especially for women
- Discover what women need to know when making Social Security decisions so they can can maximize their benefits
Gates Pass Advisors: (650) 797-0280 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Esther Szabo’s LinkedIn | Marcia Mantell LinkedIn | BoomerRetirementBriefs.com | What’s the Deal with Retirement Planning for Women? | What’s the Deal with Social Security for Women? | Social Security Website
- Prepare to to tackle your year-end planning tasks with Esther Szabo’s list of the 5 things you should think about as you plan for your transition into 2021
- Discover the impact the election, COVID-19, and holiday season could bring to your financial plan — and how to plan accordingly
- Join Esther Szabo as she shares her first-hand experience with transition after the passing of her mother on August 30, 2020
- Discover emotional and financial tips that everyone should know when managing the loss of a loved one
- Join Esther Szabo and Primark Benefits’ Stephen Dobrow, ERPA, APA, CPC to explore the Coronavirus’ impact on retirement plans
- Discover what relief options are available to help you navigate this time and what key considerations you should keep in mind around your retirement plans
- Learn how you can better prepare for retirement with Esther Szabo’s five key retirement planning steps.
- Discover important planning areas that can often be overlooked — and how your advisor can help keep you on-track throughout the planning process.
- Learn how effective Gates Pass Advisor’s holistic planning approach can be, and why it is needed now more than ever
- Learn investment insight and the importance of personalized portfolio management when navigating COVID-19
- Esther Szabo shares shares how she walked through an ‘off the charts’ uncontrollable experience and how she applies that knowledge to navigating today’s pandemic
- Discover how markets have changed during this crisis and how it has impacted financial planning needs
- In this episode, join Esther Szabo to review the first half of 2020 and the overall impact of the COVID-19 crisis
- Discover ways financial advisors are viewing the future — and the value and advice they are bringing to clients right now
- Join Esther Szabo and University Investments’ Greg Osgood to explore COVID-19’s impact on the mortgage industry
- Discover tips for managing your mortgage during this time of uncertainty and ways you can stick to your plan
- Listen as Esther Szabo reveals three critical traits that will help you navigate times of stress and uncertainty
- Discover the reality many are experiencing during this time of increased unemployment and market volatility— and how Esther is advising her clients through it
Resources: Gates Pass Advisors | email@example.com | Esther Szabo’s LinkedIn | Episode 41- Decision Making In Difficult Times | Episode 42– 3 Tips for Navigate Challenging Times | Episode 43- COVID-19 Investor Update: What Should you be Doing?
- Hear how planning ahead with long-term care insurance impacted Elena Smirnov-Otis’ experience with transition when her husband was suddenly diagnosed with an incurable chronic illness at age 60.
- Learn Elena’s words of advice, tips, and tricks for those who may also be planning ahead with, or are currently navigating transition, with long-term care insurance
- Discover the current state of the markets and its impact on society
- Learn three tips for navigating these uncertain times so you can make solid, informed decisions
- Join Esther Szabo as she reveals three tips to help you navigate these uncertain times.
- Discover a variety of supporting actions to incorporate into your daily life during self-isolation and how these actions allow you to be your best self in spite of difficulty.
- Hear Esther Szabo’s calming perspective on how COVID-19 is affecting the financial industry and individuals alike
- Learn key ways Esther is advising clients during this time of transition to guide them both technically and personally.
Gates Pass Advisors | firstname.lastname@example.org | Esther Szabo’s LinkedIn | Episode 3 – Proper Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance ❘ Episode 38 – Financial Planner Versus Wealth Manager: What’s the Difference?
- Discover what benefits a private fiduciary can bring to you during times of transition
- Hear real-life stories from private fiduciary and estate planning lawyer Barry W. Finkelstein on how he guides families through the protection and transfer of their assets — and how he prioritizes keeping families together throughout this challenging process
- Navigate this tax season with Esther’s guide on what to keep in mind this year — especially for people in transition
- Discover how last year’s market returns might impact your planning and what to consider when reviewing your investments
- Join Esther Szabo and Erik Schei as they share their experience in the financial services industry and the challenge to consumers as they look to select an advisor
- Discover what to consider when interviewing advisors — and how Gates Pass Advisors sets themselves apart with their planning approach.
- Gain clarity about the year ahead with Esther Szabo’s forecast for 2020
- Discover how sticking to your plan can help you navigate your finances in a more positive, enjoyable way this year.
- Esther Szabo encourages you to consider which aspects of your financial life were out of your control last year – and decade – which aspect you could, and what actions to take moving forward
- You will also learn about tools to help you prioritize what’s important during a transition
- Make financial decisions with confidence even if beginning a new phase
- Tactical changes to portfolios Gates Pass Advisors is making
- Discover the importance of incorporating your personal touchstone into your financial plan
- Learn helpful tips for navigating the stresses of the holiday season, especially during times of transition.
- Discover how a Certified Financial Transitionist®, like Esther Szabo, supports making the best decisions for you
- Learn year end financial opportunities you may not want to miss to confidently enter the New Year.
- Hear practical suggestions for self-care during transition and the holidays
Gates Pass Advisors | email@example.com | Episode 15: Navigating Transition Through Nutrition: Part 1 — With Guest Anasuya Basil | Episode 16: Navigating Transition Through Nutrition: Part 2 — With Guest Anasuya Basil | My Body Wisdom
- Discover how forensic accountants, like Irina Anissimova, help determine spousal and child support during the divorce process
- Learn what needs to be considered when a business is involved in the divorce and how Irina can help guide the process
- Learn how forensic accountants like Irina Anissimova can help simplify and solve your divorce case
- Discover why women in particular need to become more educated about divorce and which professionals can help them get the best outcomes
- Learn what probate is and why it’s important to avoid. Hear about a surprising case that EJ handled that brought the fire department on scene!
- Estate planning considerations during life’s transitions such as marriage, remarriage, being single — and even success in business!
- How to best designate retirement account beneficiaries
- Learn how simple it is to take action and get the help that you need
- A woman in transition is faced with all sorts of decisions. E.J. Hong, a Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust, and Probate Law helps women in transition protect themselves with strategic estate planning at all stages of transition.
- Estate planning can create a significant impact during times of transitions, from the loss of a loved one to receiving a windfall.
- Whether the next recession is imminent or not, discover what you can control and manage your fears
- Learn to mitigate risk, open doors to opportunities and avoid common investing mistakes
- Discover how financial advisors charge for their services, which method Gates Pass Advisor chooses — and why
- Tune in now and get clarity on how Gates Pass’s planning method goes hand-in-hand with how they charge clients, along with what the planning process looks like
- Tune in now to learn about the strategies Esther Szabo uses to help prospective clients overcome their hesitation around hiring a financial advisor
- Learn how the Gates Pass Advisors team helps clients put guardrails in place so they can better navigate life’s transitions and unexpected road bumps
- Listen in to learn how fiduciaries like Esther Szabo handle requests for “quick fixes” from clients who don’t want to receive a full range of services
- Discover what you need to know about effective personal financial planning whether you employ a portfolio manager or manage your financial future independently.
- Tips about mental blind spots, big-picture planning, and reaching your goals
Learn how a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst works with you to:
- Understand the financial impact and legal process of divorce before your move forward
- Plan well for this challenging transition
- Focus and be supported throughout the many details of the process
- Listen to learn more about why this woman-owned, women-focused firm hired Chartered Financial Analyst®, Erik Schei!
- And why our investment expertise provides more than portfolio management services to our clients navigating personal life change
Ever feel frozen or unsure of the right next step to take in your financial life?
Learn about a simple tool to help you move forward — at a pace that works for you!
Tune in now to learn more about Esther Szabo’s “Am I Okay Process” and how it can help ease your transition.
A Certified Financial Transitionist also goes through transitions! Esther experienced a very deep loss when she became a widow in 2014. Now she looks forward to remarrying later in 2019.
She uses her own experience to describe which of the four stages of transition she is currently in, and illustrates signs of flow or struggle and how she is making decisions to support her own long term future- much as she advises her own clients.
Whether your life transition brings you joy, like a new marriage, or grief, like the loss of a partner, there are several stages you must travel through before finding your new normal.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What the four stages of transition are
- Esther’s experience with her current transition into a new marriage
- The experience of creating a pre-nuptial agreement
- How moving in with someone sparks a new set of transitions
- And more!
Tune in now to learn about the stages of transition and strategies you can use to flow through each stage!
Resources: Gates Pass Advisors
Episode 19 With Guest Patrice Horvath
For many people, moving houses is a big transition and can be an overwhelming experience. That’s why it’s important to consider who you will team up with to help you navigate this transition.
Today, Esther Szabo is joined by realtor Patrice Horvath to explore the decision-making process that comes with moving. Esther and Patrice discuss how realtors can make a big impact on the moving experience and why Patrice treats real estate as a relationship business where her clients are given the trust, integrity, and loyalty they deserve.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why it’s so important to interview realtors
- How many realtors Patrice recommends interviewing before you make your decision
- How Patrice helps clients navigate the emotional part of decision-making when moving
- What Patrice does to help older adults and their children map out a moving plan
- The importance of bringing a financial planner into the conversation
- And more!
Listen now to learn about the life-changing transition of moving and how realtors like Patrice can help you navigate this time to find a new home that’s right for you!